Thursday, January 8, 2009

Natalee's First Day of Pre-School

It has happened. My darling daughter, Natalee Cara Jean, has started pre-school. I am broken up inside about it. On one hand I am extremely proud of her, but on the other hand she is my first born, my first daughter and I just don't know if I am ready to let her go just yet. She is doing so well in school-I know only day 2 right?! She is able to do things in the classroom that other children can not do. She was able to group items my shape and color today and find the match to that item. *I'm beaming with pride*Natalee is also very proud of herself. I'm trying to let go a little bit, but she is only three years old. I am still aloud to have a little bit of my baby left, right? The biggest surprise from all of this was the following conversation:

\Me: Okay, Nat. I'm going now-love you. I'll be back later to get you.
Natalee: OK c-ya
Me to her teacher: I can't believe she just told me "c-ya"
Teacher: it's OK you'll get use to it-wait til she's 15!

When I came to get her after the longest 2 hours of my life she cried b/c she didn't want to leave her school! At that point I was convinced that she hated me-until later that night she said the sweetest thing to me: "Mommy, I lub you-I miss you muches taday-I have fend ( friend)"
As she was saying this to me her smile was brighter than I have ever seen. Natalee needs a friend-besides me and and her sister.
Here are the two pics that she would hold still for before we left for pre-school.

The 1st pic she is showing off her back pack. The second pic is her best effort at a rushed smile.

No comments: