Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm sucha slacker!

Okay, it's been 1 month and 4 days since I posted last....Since then, my cousin Shannon came for a visit and that was so great. I remember when he was about 5 or six he told me in the back yard you was going to be a badeball player when he grew up. I asked him when he was here what ever happened to that dream...he said life happened. How true is that? Anyone else ever feel like all the dreams when we were kids have disappeared b/c life happened?
My nana celebrated her 67th birthday on the 17th. All she wanted was Papa John's Pizza and chocolate cake. I wish everyone else was so easy please. I'm just thankful I had anothe year with her. She's not sick-she's probably healthier than I am! I'm just so lucky to have her. I have been having some reproductive issues since Emilee was born-lack of menstration-and my gyn. diagnosed me with PCOS. Not that I'm looking to conceive, but when and if we decide to our best chances will be the first month I am off of my birth control. I'm happy with my babies that God gave me-I'm not willing to push my luck. If it happens, it happens. I want be "taking extreme measures".
And....Nathaniel and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on May 7th. I had an appt that day and he bought groceries..later that night I was setting up for a yard sale...technically we have NOT celebrated...no card and he kinda forgot. I started seeing a holistic dr for weight management. I've gained 30 lbs since june 07 and I'm incredibly over weight right now. I needed other help. Hopefully, with Dr. Turner my life will change for the better and permanently.
Nathaniel also learned last week that his last day of employment will be July 31st. I'm terrifed. I so desperately want to find work just to take some of the stress off of him. Pray that God will lend me a push towards what I need to do for my family. More to come

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I know several women with PCOS. One of them had a very difficult time conceiving (6 or so years). And she struggled with weight issues as well. She went on the Atkins diet. And lost weight, got her cycle back, and is now pregnant with her second biological child with a 5 yr old adopted son and a 1 year old biological son! There is hope! Stay strong, keep your faith, and be sure to read your Bible!